Example of a Finished Dummy Book
By Carolyn Dee Flores
- Fold black cloth tape over the left edge of your booklet, covering the staples on both sides.
- Cut 2 Pieces of Black Foam Board For Covers.
Add ¼" to the width, and ½" to the height of your picture book format for book cover dimensions.
For example, for an 8" x 10" landscape picture book :
(2) pieces of foam board (8½" x 10¾")
- Hinge the foam board covers to the front and back of your book with a single strip of black cloth tape, as shown here.
- Bind your book on the outside with a vertical strip of black cloth tape.
At this point, your book should be able to stand when propped open on its side, as shown here.
- To create the jacket for your book, cut a piece of white brochure paper (2½ times the width of your book by the height of your cover.) Wrap the paper around your book and fold to allow for jacket flaps. Adhere with scotch tape.
- Dummy book with cover.
Next time, "Creating a Dummy Book Part3 - Content."
Carolyn Dee Flores