Saturday, July 30, 2011

Announcing My New Picture Book Contract to Illustrate "The Frog/La Rana" for Arte Público Press(Piñata Books)

Wow! What a great birthday! I shopped with my friends, ate great food, and watched episodes of "Fame", (yeah, THAT Fame - the series from the 80's), all day.

 Topping everything off, when I arrived home I was notified that I had just won the contract to illustrate a new children's picture book for  Piñata Books/Arte Público Press tenatively titled "The Frog/La Rana" based on a traditional Spanish sing-a-long nursery rhyme. I am blown away!

This is my second children's book illustration contract this year. I am also illustrating a YA book titled "Deerskin Daughters: True Stories of Native American Women" written by Peggy Caravantes.

Underwater singing frogs AND Deerskin Daughters! It doesn't get any better than that!

Here I am - on my birthday - playing a lot of songs on the jukebox.


Have a great week,
Carolyn Dee Flores
www.carolynflores.com

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Congratulations! I can't wait to see the book. And happy birthday.

    Alberto Ramirez Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Carolyn! So glad to see good things happening for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you too! Shelli just signed with Karen Grenick of Red Fox Literary Agency. Way to go! Will you be in L.A.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehaw! So glad you got the contract - I know it'll be a great book. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I can't wait to read the books and enjoy your artwork.

    ReplyDelete